Monday, May 08, 2006

a little bit gross


Dear reader, I'm sorry to subject you to the grotesque or unneccessarily graphic parts of my life. I'll just say I've been posting much less than I had anticipated, because of the pain resulting from a minor (throat) surgery I went through recently.

So much pain, actually, that I had to go back to get more of those green and red pills that are just hopped up Tylenols (with a little codeine phosphate thrown in for good measure).

But today I felt like I passed a significant milestone in the pain reduction tunnel-without-light-at-the-end syndrome; e.g., the pain hasn't significantly lessened in five days, but this morning I did spit out a tiny plastic suture. wow! those guys had time to laser me AND tie little tiny knots in the two or three minutes they worked on me? That was pretty slick.

No comments: