Saturday, July 29, 2006

I know I SUCK at Rewarding Reader Loyalty


But give me a break- I'm still recovering from the Mud Festival, my skin is still peeling from the four hour ride in the countryside sun...and haven't quite gotten dry since then.

I had some photos of Seoul's recent flooding, showing the river nearly swallowing the expressway, trees and lampposts under water, etc, but I haven't learned how to work the video camera download function yet.

To make a short story even shorter, the Mud Festival this year was something of a washout for us. Not only did we feel like there were TOO many foreigners here (maybe 2000 foreigners) but that there wasn't NEARLY enough mud, so we had the strange feeling that we should have brought our own mud to the mud festival, or maybe should launch our own version.

In the next installment, I'll briefly relate our white-knuckle ride through sheets of rain, the forced rescue of a baptist church (we forced them to rescue us, that is), and the strangeness of returning to Seoul without our bikes. To pacify those of you who are still with me, another mystery picture is here presented. (guess what riverbank this car is parked on, and guess where the inhabitants are from!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok i think this funky little truck is russian and the river is the Lena?