Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm Back


First of all, let's clear up some things. the boy in the picture on the previous page is Tibetan. I was taking a bus, most likely from Xigatse to Lhasa.
The heavy-duty truck below was dubbed "The BEAST" by it's British creators, who have apparently driven it overland from Europe through Russia and China. It is parked on the banks of the Mighty Mekong River....no, not Vietnam, but Laos, in the cultural capital of Luang Prebang (I know, it has to be the funniest sounding city besides Timbuktu)
Now here's another mystery picture for you, this time I'll tell you the place...Ulan Batur....but what in the world is this 'fruit'?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh thats easy... those fruits are goji fruits the legendary tibetan/chinese fruit, sometimes confused with the wolf berry.

Goji fruit is extremely nutritious with the highest amount of protien found in any fruit, it also has generous amounts of iron, vitamin c, and b vitamins.

That was off the top of my head... did I get it right?